SRG Limited has recently completed slope stabilisation works at Lions Head Park on the Gold Coast on behalf of Gold Coast City Council.
Stabilisation of the 500m long and up to 40m high face included devegetation and scaling of loose blocks, installation of rock dowels, soil nails, 170m of rock fall barrier and rock fall mesh.
EDG was engaged by SRG to provide construction stage support including:
- Hazard identification and assessment of requirement for remedial works.
- Rock fall modelling and temporary works design.
- Permanent works design advice.
- Construction observations, conformance assessment and proof and acceptance test data interpretation.
- RPEQ assessment and construction compliance signoff for the permanent works.
The nature of the site meant EDG’s IRATA qualified engineers were ideally qualified to provide the support and assistance to SRG’s construction works.