BP has recently completed modification works at its former Brisbane Refinery as part of the refinery decommissioning. The works, which have formed part of the overarching de-energisation, decontamination and isolation refinery transformation project, included modification of the existing waste water treatment plant, into a multi-celled site stormwater management facility.
During this process, EDG Consulting assisted BP with the following aspects of the project:
- Site investigations to characterise existing materials within the waste water treatment facility.
- Assess the suitability of onsite earth fill materials for use in the transformation works.
- Development of design details including technical specifications for tender.
- Review of the work methodologies and technical aspects of tender submissions.
- Review and assistance with development of successful tenderers project specific quality control documentation.
EDG was onsite during the construction phase of the works to assist with quality control and engineering oversight. We also assessed the final landform using three-dimensional modelling software to confirm consistency with the facilities design storage requirements.